The National Heirloom Exposition is coming to Santa Rosa. If you love heirloom fruits and vegetables, you might want to attend this event. It promises to be ”The largest display of heirloom produce.” Click here for a list of their vendors. Click here to view a list of their speakers.
“The National Heirloom Exposition is gaining incredible interest among home growers, farmers, school groups and the general public–so much so that it is shaping up to be the ‘World’s Fair’ of the heirloom industry! This is a not-for-profit event, and any funds generated will be donated back to school gardens and food programs. The event will run for three days, September 13, 14 and 15, 2011.
- Adults $10.00
- Kids 17 and under Free
- (all proceeds go to benefit school garden and food programs)
- 11am-9pm September 13th, 14th, and 15th
- The Sonoma County Fairgrounds,
1350 Bennett Valley Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
- (Get Directions click here)
- The Sonoma County Fairgrounds is the largest facility in the county of Sonoma and in the city of Santa Rosa, California. Sonoma County is an ideal venue for this event due to its proximity to San Francisco. Another key factor is that Sonoma County is bound on the north by Mendocino County and on the south by Marin County, both of which are GE-free counties. This type of event will be a tremendous platform for creating awareness and education on the issues related to GMO’s.” –Theheirloomexpo.com