You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Cucumbers’ category.
I grew up with lemon cucumbers and have always appreciated them. My dad made cucumber sandwiches for our family. He toasted the bread, spread on some mayonaisse, sliced the cucumbers with some tomatoes, and sprinkled on some salt and pepper. We loved it. So, if you’re finding yourself with more lemon cucumbers then you can handle, try making a few sandwiches during the week.
This week we began taking our Armenian and lemon cucumbers to market. I have a great recipe clipped from Sunset Magazine in May of 2007. It’s described as having a spicy kick. I have yet to make it, but thought you might like to try your hand at it and share your results. Recipe makes 6 servings.
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Thai green curry paste
- 1 English (seedless) cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 small mango, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped red radish
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, mix vinegar, garlic, and curry paste. Put cucumber, mango, radish, onion, basil, and mint in a medium bowl, then toss with vinegar mixture to coat. Garnish with black sesame seeds.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Roxanne Chan, Albany, CA, Sunset